Below are several of the most popular of the many IRC clients currently available:
Where are we?
The players of vendetta can often be found in IRC, we lurk on the server irc.slashnet.org and have a couple of main channels.
- #vendetta is basically talk about anything, sometimes the developers ask for some input here.
- #vendetta-inc Vendetta Itani Nation Chat - security enabled with the vendetta bot
- #vrelay is the new home to the IRC to Vendetta bot, it relays chat from ingame to here, and visa versa.
- #vendetta-itani is for Itani nation people
- #vendetta-makchuga is the channel that VendettaWiki works out of, and is also the home of the Makchuga Interstellar Bar.
- #viper an access-restricted channel for the Viper Guild, their friends and allies.
- #vendetta-pirates is an access-restricted channel for an elite group of pirates. Attempt to join this channel and you WILL be kicked and banned from the channel instantly.
In-game Chat Channel
Through hard work by the man FiReMaGe, it is possible to chat with people in-game while you yourself are not logged into your game.
In order to do this you must first log onto our IRC server (see above) and join the channel #vrelay. Then you must register with FiReMaGe's bot, which is named vo in the channel (and IRC in-game:
- Register your IRC nickname if you have not already using nickserv.
- Type: /msg nickserv register (password) (email) Replacing password with the password you'd like and email with your valid email address.
- Now activate your account by following the directions in your email (it will send you an activation code).
- Type: /msg nickserv identify (password)
- Now, type /msg vo help
- You need to log in to Vendetta and do what the bot told you to do, which should be to type (in-game):
- /msg IRC register (your IRC nickname)
- Congratulations, your IRC nickname will now be able to use the bot! You can send the commands you see in the following section, Commands to the bot.
The commands you can send to the IRC bot and what they do.
|/msg vo||Sends the command to the IRC bot allowing you to do the list of commands|
|active||Sends you a couple numbers about who is online. (Serco, Itani, UIT, total)|
|channel||Sends your message to the channel you are in.|
|ch||The same as channel.|
|join||Changes the channel your messages are sent to.|
|list||Gives a list of the muted/ignored players.|
|msg||Sends a private message to a player ingame.|
|reply||Sends a message to the last person who messaged you from ingame to irc.|
|ignore||Stops the bot from relaying an ingame playerâ€™s messages for 10 minutes, adds on time if already in effect.|
|unignore||Removes 20 minutes from an ingame playerâ€™s ignore time.|
Channel chat is limited to the following channels: -1, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 42, 50, 69, 90, 99, 100, 101, 111, 200, 400, 404, 411, 666, 911, 1000, 1337, 4294967295