Please note that the official IRC channel is not active these days. Instead, you can find most of the community has moved to the official discord channel, . After signing up on the forums in the correct location listed under #welcome, you can eventually access the in-game relay and chat logs.
Below are several of the most popular of the many IRC clients currently available:
A Free Web based IRC client
- X-Chat Aqua Good IRC client based off of X-Chat but lacks some features.
- MacIrssi A good IRC client that doesn't have as many features as X-Chat Aqua. Basically a GUI for IRSSI.
- Colloquy A native Aqua IRC client that integrates well into OS X and offers a rich featureset.
- Linkinus An IRC client with the special option to view more than one channel/conversation in one window. Caution: Shareware, USD 20.00
- ChatZilla an IRC extension for Firefox.
- Irssi IRC client that runs in the console.
- Pidgin (aka: Gaim) MSN/AIM/Yahoo/ICQ/.../IRC client that uses GTK, but also has a text-only front end. X-Fire plugin available.
- X-Chat Easy to use graphical IRC client.
- or any browser [http.slashnet.org/webclient] (particularly useful if isp blocks irc)
For a more comprehensive and comparative listing of :
Where are we?
The players of vendetta can often be found in IRC, we lurk on the server irc.slashnet.org and have a couple of main channels.
- #vendetta is basically talk about anything, sometimes the developers ask for some input here.
- #vorelay is the new home to the IRC to Vendetta bot, it relays chat from ingame to here, and visa versa.
- #vrctc is the re-enabled relay of the CtC channels
- #vendetta-itani is for Itani nation people
- #viper an access-restricted channel for the Viper Guild, their friends and allies.
- #vendetta-pirates is an access-restricted channel for an elite group of pirates. Attempt to join this channel and you WILL be kicked and banned from the channel instantly.
- #RED an access restricted channel for the Red Eternal Dominion Serco military wing. Allies of the Dominion are encouraged to join.
In-game Chat Channel
Through hard work by FiReMaGe and draugath it is possible to chat with people in-game while you yourself are not logged into your game.
The commands you can send to the IRC bot and what they do.
|/msg vo||Sends the command to the IRC bot allowing you to do the list of commands. MUST BE PREFIXED TO THE FOLLOWING COMMANDS.|| /msg vo help|
/msg vo ch Hello, Vendetta Online!
|as||Changes the default identity (which must be linked to you) that will be used when you chat through the relay. Useful when you have multiple accounts/alts and want to relay "as" one of them instead. Can also be used inline with "ch" or "toch" to temporarily change your identity.|
|ch||Sends your message to the default channel.|
|help||List a short help message including commands. (Hint: type "/msg vo help help" for further info.)|
|ignore||Blocks a specified user from sending you messages.|
|join||Joins the relay to a new channel.|
|leave||Removes a channel from the relay list.|
|link||Links the specified name. You must also use this command ingame to complete the link.|
|links||Lists names that are currently linked.|
|list||Lists the channels the relay is joined to.|
|msg||Sends a private message to a player ingame.|
|toch||Sends a message to the specified stream/channel.|
|unignore||Removes the specified user from your ignore list, allowing them to send you messages.|
|unlink||Destroys a link you have made with the specified name.|