The players of vendetta can often be found in IRC, we lurk on the server irc.slashnet.org and have a couple channels.
- #vendetta is basically talk about anything, sometimes the developers ask for some input here.
- #vendetta-ingame is home to the IRC to Vendetta bot, it relays chat from ingame to here, and visa versa.
- #vendetta-itani is for Itani nation people
- #vendetta-inc is yet another channel for Itani.
- #vendetta-makchuga is the channel that VendettaWiki works out of, and is also the home of the Makchuga Interstellar Bar.
There are several clients for connecting to irc, but many people believe that XChat is the best client out there.
In order to talk to people ingame you first must register with the bot, which is oh so cleverly called vendetta.
- Register your IRC nickname if you have not already using nickserv.
- Type: /msg nickserv register (password) (email)((Replacing password with the password you'd like and email with your email address.))
- Now activate your account by following the directions in your email.
- Type: /msg nickserv identify (password)((Your password here.))
- Now, type /msg vendetta register
- You need to go ingame and do what the bot told you to do, which should be to go ingame and type:
- /msg IRC (your irc nickname)
- Congratulations, your IRC nickname will now be able to use the bot!
The commands you can send to the IRC bot and what they do. ^ Command ^ Description ^ ^ active | Sends you a couple numbers about who is online. (Serco, Itani, UIT, total) | ^ bar | Sends your message to the bar in Odia M-14. ((This is where the bot is parked.)) | ^ channel | Sends your message to the channel you are in. | ^ ch | The same as channel. Â Â Â Â Â | ^ join | Changes the channel your messages are sent to.((Limited to: -1, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 42, 50, 69, 90, 99, 100, 101, 111, 200, 400, 404, 411, 666, 911, 1000, 1337, 4294967295))| ^ list | Gives a list of the muted/ignored players. | ^ msg | Sends a private message to a player ingame. | ^ reply | Sends a message to the last person who messaged you from ingame to irc. | ^ say | Sends a sector message to Odia M-14. | ^ sect | Same as say. | ^ sector | Same as sect. | ^ ignore | Stops the bot from relaying an ingame player's messages for 10 minutes, adds on time if already in effect. | ^ unignore | Removes 20 minutes from an ingame player's ignore time. |